Wonderful Wanderings...

Back into the steady steady.
Let's see what happens in 2010.

14 April 2008

Sunny California

I've been on the road for the last few weeks. I left Jackson a week ago after much inner tribulation wondering if all my STUFF would fit in the back of my car. With the help of Betsy & Christina the magic wand was waved and I could even see out the back! Amazing...

I decided to head to California via Helena, MT, Boise ID and Napa Valley, CA (...naturally). I had a great time visiting friends and seeing kids and learning of babies coming etc. So- I counted... since landing in the states some odd- March 26th ago- I've spent 10 out of 14 days with kids/babies. Thus it seems natural I ended my trip sipping wine with Keller in the Napa/Sonoma area of "my new home state". We visited a few wineries, did some tastings and ate plenty of good food before I dropped her in Santa Rosa Seattle-bound and cruised my way south over the Golden Gate Bridge sun shining and boats sailing and continued down the 1 to finally... finally... end up on Locust St. with Stephen and Chrissi. What a joy it is to be able to unload the car and actually unpack the clothes I'm going to wear.

I've got a week to kick around and explore this town before my program starts on April 21st. I'm planning on keeping this site updated as much as possible, but if I end up being MIA for the next 6 mths or so please forgive me and know that my head is in the books and my hands are digging deep into that fertile California soil.

Hugs all around,

jen


ps- **UPDATE** to the previous post... those pretty pink ladies ended up WINNING their division. GO TEAM!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Jen - California will never be the same! Have fun.

artemisia said...

Woo ho! Oh, I (selfishly) hope you will post about your experiences in the program.

And of Cali - I've only been to LA and San Diego. I loved San Diego, couldn't stand LA.

Oh, have fun. What a wonderful, wonderful adventure. I am sure your program is just brimming with friends you haven't met yet.