Wonderful Wanderings...

Back into the steady steady.
Let's see what happens in 2010.

29 June 2008

Mandolin Tunes

This past week UCSC hosted a Mandolin Festival of classes and fun. The gig was headed up by David Grisman and Mike Marshall. Tracy Grisman was in charge of food preparations and made a visit to our farm for a basket of fresh produce. She was so taken with her experience on the farm that she invited all farm apprentices to any and all of the nightly performances (if anyone was to question our attendance we were to simply say, "Tracy Grisman invited us.") My week was naturally a busy one, but I was able to attend the Friday and Saturday night shows- very casual, low-key and intimate settings. I captured a few photos and videos of the music and even got to chat briefly with David and Tracy. And did I mention- the music was AMAZING!! I know quite a few people who should have been there....

No comments: