Wonderful Wanderings...

Back into the steady steady.
Let's see what happens in 2010.

08 December 2008

Madonna & Vos

As I landed in Argentina and was traveling into the heart of Buenos Aires I remembered why I had wanted so badly to visit this country. The use of vos! Few countries use this very informal form of ´you´ and Guatemala and Argentina are 2 of them. How exciting is it to see billboards and hear comments in vos!
Though I came down to SA in time for summer, I hadn´t yet felt it until arriving to Argentina. The long daylight hours and warm humid days... summer is here at last!!
I found my way to my friends Keller and Megan´s apartment (who were fresh out of a fĂștbol match) and we went out for dinner (midnight local time). And within 24 hrs of landing in this beautiful country I was amidst throngs of people waiting for Madonna to appear on stage. We were able to snag some general, ground level tickets and see a legend perform for a crowd that truly loves her. And incidentely- she´s filming for her DVD here in Argentina, so all those Madonna fans out there... when you watch the DVD... I´m wearing a blue shirt.
Though I haven´t yet made my way too far into this country I´m loving what I see. It seems to me the perfect collision of crazy, uncertain and care free Latin America with the Euro-American modernism and roots that I know. Oh and the accent! Nothing I love more than experiencing a new twist and slur to the Spanish language I´m continually trying to perfect.
I´m off on the bus to Bariloche. Until next time...

No comments: