Wonderful Wanderings...

Back into the steady steady.
Let's see what happens in 2010.

19 March 2008

Jumping out of Planes

Yep- this is me!
I'm in Taupo (center-ish of the North Island).

I took the plunge today and went sky diving with my friend Oliver. Something I've always wanted to do (since I saw Point Break the first time- LOVED that movie... did I really just admit that?) and the only disappointing thing about it was that it was over way too quickly. I did the 15,000 ft. jump (highest legal jump supposedly). The views were spectacular as well as the air rushing over your face and up your nose and the sensation that your ears were about to burst. From that elevation you could see the east and west coasts of the north island as well as the volcanoes I climbed around yesterday and of course Lake Taupo which I was over. I splurged and had the photos taken so you could all enjoy the scenery as well- because really... it's only something you do once, right?

Other than the first thing out of my mouth when I landed was... "I want to do that again!" So I may have to repeat... someday...


My tandem partner (the one in the yellow suit) is Freddy Hofmayer from Germany. He's completed over 10,000 jumps and has 6 or so World Records of which he was a bit modest about, so I'll have to check into that. But as you can see... a FUN guy!


Not sure if it was the adrenaline or just a fun time, but Oliver and I were in fits of laughter on the way back to the hostel. He was more a bag of nerves than I was and said as he saw me "whoosh" out of the plane and was just gone he almost lost it. Thus his exit photo out of the plane was simply priceless!


I have loads of photos as well as a rockin' dvd some of you might be lucky enough to see. All in all- a fun time in the sky.
The next few things on my agenda aren't nearly as wild and reckless, but should be just as fun. So stay tuned.
Over and out-
jennyj












4 comments:

Mom said...

OOOHHH Jen Jen! What will you think of next??

Zack said...

Looks amazing! While I didn't have the privelege of jumping out of a plane in New Zealand, I did jump out of a plane in California last summer. Can't even put it into words how fun it was! The only thing I'm mad at is that you were ashamed of mentioning Point Break!! Def one of my all time favorite movies and I own it. Next time you want to hang here when you come to Cali, we'll watch it and like it!!

Unknown said...

Whoa Jen. When you free fall through the air, do your boogers get lodged up into your brain? You are rad. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Unknown said...

You rock Jake.