Wonderful Wanderings...

Back into the steady steady.
Let's see what happens in 2010.

24 December 2008

Back in the land of over 4,000 varieties of potatoes..

Though a lot colder and listening to the patter of rain on the rooftop, I´m happy to be back in Peru and with my good friend Christina for a spell. My last few days in Argentina where spectacular. I splurged on a hotel with a pool up in Iguazú and definitely got my money´s worth. Visiting the falls of Iguazù is something I won´t soon forget. Purely spectacular and though I´ve taken loads of photos and a few videos none of them can begin to do justice to the feeling of watching that amount of water surge over cliffs, falling into oblivion-- with birds dancing in the spray and rainbows arching over it all. Really an amazing place.

An official bus-ride from hell later and I was back in BA for my last night and off again yesterday flying to Peru. My travels alone where a lot of things: exciting, beautiful, stressful, relaxing and full of beautiful and friendly people along the way. Though I must say nothing compares to reuniting with a good friend, talking non-stop and laughing your way through dinner. I´m excited to be here in Cusco with Christina for Navidad. She´s already been here a week and has loads of friends and invitations for our few days before we head out on our trek. Tonight- La Noche Buena- we´re lucky enough to have an invite to a families home. I´m waging my bets on pollo, arroz, papas, y panetòn. Should be festive and delicious!

I hope where ever life has landed you this day you are happy, healthy, warm and surrounded by love and hugs from many dear ones.

¡¡Fiestejar Bien!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Feliz Navidad Jen! We miss you! M and D

NoraBee said...

I wonder if like Cajamarca, Cuzco lights off fireworks into the night. If it is, I hope you survived to tell the tale. feliz navidad chica.