Wonderful Wanderings...

Back into the steady steady.
Let's see what happens in 2010.

14 January 2009

Heading Home..

I´m wrapping up a two month holiday and I can honestly say I´m ready to get home. It has been a wonderful and exciting adventure- with a new job and a new niece along the way, but I´m craving familiarity, home cooked food and a constant bed.
I enjoyed my days in Arequipa, a truly beautiful city and spent a night away touring the Colca canyon. I changed my idea of exploring the edge of the Peruvian jungle at the last minute, due to various warnings of drug lords and extreme rain and found myself headed to the northern beach town of Huanchaco- near Trujillo. Not without a stop over in Lima first and a tour of the city with my new friend Jose. It´s quite a nice place if you´re ever in the area for more than a few hours I´d recommend checking the place out.
The past few days in Huanchaco have been spent doing virtually nothing. And that´s about how I planned it. Apart from reading, walking the beach, sleeping and eating ceviche.... that just about sums up the end of my travel adventures for a while.
I´m on my way back to Lima tonight (last overnight bus for a while... YEA!) to meet up once again with my friend Nora. We seem to be swapping places yet again- her on her way back to Cajamarca after holiday seasons state side, and I back north, plum tuckered out after whirling myself through a bit of the South American continent.
It has truly been amazing... I´d recommend to anyone to pack up the duffle and hit the trails.
Until you can... I´ll be working a desk job, so feel free to write about it!
LOVE AND HUGS-
jennyj

1 comment:

Mom said...

What an amazing blog, Jen! I've enjoyed every word of it! Anxious to see you soon! Love, Mom