Wonderful Wanderings...

Back into the steady steady.
Let's see what happens in 2010.

13 March 2010

Coming out of the Cave

Spring is definitely in the air.
In most places this might be an obvious; in Jackson.. we're a month or so early. Though I fear the dry and burning summer we are most likely in for, one can't control the weather and thus.. I won't even try to hide my delight!

Last weekend a couple friends and I skied into Brook's Lake Lodge- a past winter standard for me, and we caught it on the last week of the year! Check that off the list.


This weekend I'm enjoying the last ski weekend for yours truly- with mellow park skis and a few last runs on the King. Florida y la familia are just around the corner. My body can't wait to show itself to the SUN and fill itself with a healthy dose of Vitamin D.

Mientras, this week I did it. I finally got sick after holding strong all winter (in those germy filled schools). Even though it's never really fun being sick- I almost relished my permission to relax and enjoyed holing up in my cave, reading, watching movies and just letting it kick my ass. Why not? I deserve it after pushing through all winter long.

With that being said... Spring! Yes Spring! Tomorrow we "Spring Forward" and the daylight hours start readjusting our clocks and before you know it seedlings will start sprouting their heads through richly delicious soil and my favorite sunny side of the year will be upon us!
For this I rejoice. I won't hide it.



1 comment:

Amanda said...

It has been a LONG winter! I'm so happy to finally see sunshine and have tulips on the windowsill!