Wonderful Wanderings...

Back into the steady steady.
Let's see what happens in 2010.

04 April 2010

Return of Winter

On my last post was I boasting of Spring being in the air? Well, it is now officially Spring, and it's reported to be the best skiing the valley has seen all year. Boo to that... Just in time for the resorts to close their doors and people to start greasing their bike chains.
I also recall reporting on that end of season sickness that latched it's mucky paws into me. Well, that stuck around long enough and between that and a vaca to the Florida corner of the world.. I haven't been around much to report on much of anything.
It was nice to get out of town for a bit. I spent the first few days of my vacation in SLC at my brother's house- running around after their crazy life. 3 1/2 kids will let that happen. Yes- there is another one in the oven! I was the lucky aunt who got to catch a glimpse of the 4" munchkin on the ultrasound monitor. shHe's a mover and a groover.
I then flew to the (mostly) sunny side. I was able to spend around 6 days in FL. Visiting my 94 yo grandma, my parents, little bro and even a few uncles, cousins and farm friends.
My friend Kevin, from the farm, is working on a farm in the same town my grandma lives in. He showed me the sights and sounds of places I've never made it to in the last 20+ years of visiting my grandmas and Sarasota. Fun times.
Now it's back to the puffy coats and the work grind.
Though I did get to celebrate with friends at an Easter Brunch today.
Onward and upward... the days will turn warm again soon enough (right!?*).

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It can't stay cold forever! Glad you got to soak up some rays in FL... and congrats on becoming an aunt again!